Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Already a winner!!!

I have been waiting to make this post for quite sometime, because I knew without a shadow of a doubt that God would see us through this storm.  Last summer, the enemy attacked my family, my finances and my daughter's health with a vengeance. Things looked really bad for us in the natural, but all of my responses and thoughts remained in the supernatural. Just as I started working a new job, that I really enjoyed, my husband lost his job of over 14 years. My first thought was well God must have something better in store for you. And I believed that his next chapter would be great. In the far too recent past I would have broken down wondering what we were going to do, but for  some reason I initially had peace about the whole situation.

Then while driving home from work about a month later, August 23rd to be exact, I called home to ask my husband to get my youngest daughter ready because it was back to school night for kindergarten. I could hear the frustration in his voice as he explained that he had no time to do that because he had food on the stove and my oldest daughter had just hurt her leg. After I hung up, something told me to call back. Not only had my daughter hurt her leg, but she couldn't even walk on it. In fact he had to carry her downstairs. A brief moment of panic set in because I knew that she must really be hurt if all of that was taking place.

At the after hours clinic the doctor told us my daughter not only had a broken leg, but that it may be a cancerous tumor at the heart of it. I whispered under my breath "the devil is a liar."  When he walked out I said then and there to my husband that the word cancer was not allowed in our lives or our home, and we never used it throughout  the whole ordeal.

We were immediately referred to Dell Children's but the oncologist couldn't see us until the following Tuesday, it was only Thursday night. So we had to make it through the weekend with no real answers. The crazy part is she had just had her 10 year old well check 4 days earlier with no issues. We only made 4 phone calls, both of our mothers and two prayer warriors.

As I sat on my bed, the silence was loud and one lone tear rolled down my face. That is when I knew all was well, because for the months leading up to the day, I knew God had been preparing me for something big. I expected that it was the job loss, but  that didn't really upset me and sure didn't cry about it. Disappointed, sure, but that was it. My husband came to me and said "All we know for sure is that her leg is broken, we can't stress over anything until we have all the details."

 I agreed with him and after that all hell really  broke loose. Not for me, but for him, the enemy. You see for those of you who really know me, you know that you can come at me sideways 2, 3 maybe even 4 times and I will let you make, but the eventually you will get that response, that nobody wants to see. Well, when it comes to my children, you don't get 1/2 a chance to mess with them, before you see the true meaning of crazy. So I prepared myself for warfare and it was on. 

I declared that my daughter would live and not die, but declare the works of the Lord. Every day we prayed over her, and rubbed blessed oil given to us by our pastor on her leg and spoke healing into her life. It was a very long road because at times she was in so much pain it brought her to tears if we touched her just to try to move her or dress her. This is the same child that was considered healthy just days before. The happiest child in the world was now moody, depressed and frustrated. That was the toughest part, BUT God arranged it where her daddy was home to help her everyday(hallelujah).

I just kept declaring that the devil could not have my baby. My daughter went on to have surgery and the oncologist was able to rule out cancer, but diagnosed her with fibrous displaysia(bones breaks down and is replaced by weaker fibrous tissue).
So in my house I teach my daughter that You don't have FD, it has you, because when something has you, there is a means for escape and you don't have to be bound by it. I teach her that death and life are in the power of the tongue, and you have to speak your future into existence. I teach her that she is more than a conqueror in many ways.

On Saturday May 4th, Miss Trinity will be running, yes running, in her first track meet since all of this has happened. Praise God!!! She has come out of this stronger and wiser and on Saturday before she even takes a lane on the track, she will have already won the gold in my eyes. My girl is a fighter and I am honored that the Lord blessed me with his precious child.

I didn't disclose all of this for your sympathy, I did so to offer you hope and to tell you that don't expect to come out of the break the same way you were before it happened. Trust that God has something BIGGER and BETTER with your name on it.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! You are so strong and this story is encouraging to me...to keep my faith despite what the natural looks like...
Tasha Sawyer

Unknown said...

Thanks Tasha! I am so thankful that He chose her for me. It was a painful situation, but His presence was clear the whole time. Still learning and still growing and still trusting. Be blessed-Ursula

Micah's Baby Brother

The Family...

The Family...
Why I Write

Followers