Friday, January 16, 2009

Bye Bye Pap-Pie!!!

After many unsuccessful attempts to get rid of the one year old's pacifier aka Pap-pie, which is the beloved name she gave it, we have achieved success. I used to always wonder why people would allow kids who were 2 and 3 years old to walk around with a pacifier, now I know.

Pa-pie was truly a life saver, for both of us. It was like it had magical powers. This thing could stop any tantrum and make any sized bo-bo all better instantly. Any time she was fighting sleep, just give it to her and after a couple of suckles she would nearly be in a coma.

My six year old used her "paci" for a couple of months, mostly when she was teething and then she was done. So imagine my surprise to have another child who is so attached to her pacifier that she would even pass up a meal if she had to make a choice. Also the six year old would only use this new pink vanilla scented paci that was over $5 each at the time. That's the price of a two pack for other brands.

Well this time we are officially done because I threw all of them in the trash, so there would be no temptation to give in. She has asked for Pa-pie a couple of times, but she is easily distracted with 2 Skittles. She is on her way to big girl status...if we could just master the potty.

Enjoy these candid shots of the good times with Pap-pie...

At the Christmas parade...

In the carseat...

At the soccer game...


In the toy room...
Grandma turns 65 and Pap-pie was there...

Halloween festival at the Fellowship...
On the back deck...
Me and Pap-pie playing the bongos at Bongos in Downtown Disney...
Pap-pie on the "It's a small world" ride at Disney...
Me and Pap-pie at the seawall in Galveston...
First day home from the hospital. A nap in the beanbag with Sissy and Pap-pie is perfect.




First real bath and Pap-pie was there.


































































3 comments:

Sisters Lose 100 said...

I know all about the attachment. My son was attached, my daughter is attached...I guess I will have a "bye-bye paci" bonfire soon enough:)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, accurate and FUNNY.

Especially since tonight was ...challenging? The things I hear when I work from home. Tristan was in rare form. Probably missing her big sister who has not been feeling well lately.

"Bye Bye Pap-Pie!!!" Good job, good blog

Anonymous said...

Now we get to see what she really looks like!
adrienne

Micah's Baby Brother

The Family...

The Family...
Why I Write

Followers