Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I've learned...



I've learned to savor the moment...Last night as I sat on a pillow, (some parents were on blankets), on the hard school cafeteria floor, I was nearly overcome with emotion. Thank goodness the one year old was crawling all over me and pulling things out of her backpack, so I was distracted from the burning feeling in the back of my throat.

Anyway the six year old was in the first grade performance that sang the praises of our great nation. As her class did a spectacular rendition of God Bless the USA, I became so emotional watching her wave her little red, white and blue streamers and singing her heart out. I was proud of her, and proud of our country, it was just so overwhelming. I would not trade that moment for anything.


I've also learned that while trying to teach my children (and others, through this book) to have faith, I have learned to have more and to also be trusting of that faith(in God). You see we won't always be able to understand everything in life or even understand peoples actions, but if we let our lights shine and try to be the best person we can be, that's all that matters. Yes we will continue to make mistakes, but strive to do your best in every arena.


Everybody is so busy with the distractions of life, which causes us to take people and things for granted. So just for today, challenge yourself to appreciate something or someone...the feeling you get out of it is priceless.



http://flickr.com/photos/barackobamadotcom/sets/72157608716313371/show/with/3009094952/

1 comment:

Sisters Lose 100 said...

This was so well put, obviously written by an AUTHOR!!:) I got emotional just thinking about how soon this will be happening in my life...I'll be sure to treasure each minute!!

Micah's Baby Brother

The Family...

The Family...
Why I Write

Followers