Friday, November 21, 2008

For my daughter




So you would think that today would start off with a manicure, pedicure, and a massage while listening to zen music in the background. Maybe even, looking in to "my inner me" while soft music played and the sound of water trickled over a rock garden. NOT!




Yes tomorrow is the day of the pre release party, a major sign that this journey is coming full circle, but getting pampered was not as I expected it to be. For starters, the six year old asked me to go on her class field trip to Pioneer Farms. No big deal except it was 49 degrees outside(at noon). The farm, as most are, was in the middle of this gigantic field, which meant lots of walking in open spaces. The wind chill made the gusts feel like ice against your skin. Arrgh!




However it was fun. Another mother and myself made the best of it, by laughing and talking as we scurried the little ones along. My child was happy and I was content with seeing her smile.




Now when I did make it to the nail salon, the hot water in the foot spa on my frozen toes was almost unbearable. But before you think I am complaining, think again. I haven't had a pedicure or manicure in many many months. It hurt so bad, but it felt so good all at the same time. Zany, I know.




Stay posted and I will have pictures of the event in a few days. Pray God's best for our night!

No comments:

Micah's Baby Brother

The Family...

The Family...
Why I Write

Followers