Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dedication

The "Publisher" informed me that I need to work on my dedication and acknowledgement sections for the book. As I imagined standing before a crowd giving the "Miss America" wave followed by a long speech, I was quickly brought back to reality, when I thought about how long the list of thank you(s) could actually be.

What about all the Sunday school teachers who taught me lessons of faith? What about the high school English teacher that made writing so fun? What about all the children at the daycare who yelled, "Again! Again!" after I read the dramatic version of the storybooks they loved so.

As we go through life, so many people touch our hearts, without ever knowing the impact they leave on us. Of course, the obvious thanks goes to my family, whom I am eternally grateful for and often let them know it. Then there are close friends that I will send email or cards too. But what about the people who greet us with a kind word when we are having a bad day? What about the people who helped us go that extra mile, when it was just to hard to make it on our own?

I thank you one and all, no matter what part you have played in my life. I wish I could include everyone of you name by name in this book, but I can't. If you were the kid who shared your snack in elementary school, the bully in junior high, or best buddy in high school this book is for you. If you are to pastor who brings me the word of God each week, or the friend who knows all of my secrets(which you should keep), then this book is also for you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

3 comments:

tdubya said...

Congratulations Ursula! I'm excited and happy for you. We're also very proud of you. God bless you on this journey. Uhmm! you got any of the Smokey Mo's left?

Unknown said...

Ursula,

I am incredibly proud of you! Your daughters have a super-fly mamma!

Love,

Michelle Wharry

Unknown said...

Ursula,

I am so proud of you!
Your daughters have a superfly mamma!

Love,

Michelle Wharry

Micah's Baby Brother

The Family...

The Family...
Why I Write

Followers