Monday, March 3, 2008

I Gave Praise...

My neighbor called me today, which I immediately found odd, because we usually just have casual conversation. This time was different, because little did I know, a new journey was about to start for me. The UPS driver delivered my package to her house, so as we stood at my front door exchanging niceties, I began to wonder what did I order.

Still hungry for Smokey Mo's barbecue, that I had just put on my plate, I bid her adieu and looked at the envelope. Could it be that only after 3 weeks, the Christian publisher I was interested in was also interested in me? Ripping the envelope open yielded the words I longed to see, "We are so thrilled to have the opportunity to issue you a formal offer for your children's book." I yelled, I screamed, I ran up the stairs to find Trent, my husband.

Slightly uneasy and prepared to run down stairs to find the source of the primal scream he looked at me as if to say what. As he read over the cover letter for the contract for what seemed like hours, I paced, and cried, and I gave praise to God. He does give us the desires of our hearts.

I ask that you follow me on this journey, through the process of publication for my first faith based children's book, "Micah's Baby Brother."

5 comments:

trent said...

I have to say, when Ursula screamed, I was scared. I heard the doorbell ring, the front door open ...(silence) She screamed and ran upstairs. Ursula began to read out loud from the papers in her hand, "We are so thrilled to have the opportunity to issue you a formal offer for your children's book." That was one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.

Hug ... Kiss

Trent

Anonymous said...

Ursula after working with you I know this is what you always wanted, God has blessed you and your family I hope one day to be able to say she was part of my life not only as a good friend but a great co-worker. This is your dream and hopefully you will be able to continue it to the end.

Much wishes and prayers
Christina

Anonymous said...

Ursuula, If you believe and continue to have faith in our all might God he will continue to bless you in whatever it is you heart desires. i know there is a God because you and I both know I prayed for you and in just a few days you recieved your blessing. (Megan) you know. When you called me I just said "Tahnk you Jesuse for answering our prayers.

Love D Falcon

Unknown said...

URSULA WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU FOR NOT GIVING UP ON YOUR DREAM. YOU NOT ONLY WROTE A BOOK BUT A CHRISTIAN BOOK WE FEEL TRULY BLESSED.IT IS A GOOD THING YOU ARE TRING INSTILL IN YOUR LTTLE ONES AND OTHER CHILDREN THE REWARDS OF HAVING FAITH IN GOD
LOVE YOU MOM

Anonymous said...

ursula,
congradulations I am so excited for you and your family. Our God is truly an Awesome God who will do above and beyond anything that we can ever ask or think. Always keep God first (which I know you will) and there will be no end to the blessings He will bestow upon you. You are truly a blessing and inspiration and I can't wait to buy your book. Many Blessings and Alvera Herron

Micah's Baby Brother

The Family...

The Family...
Why I Write

Followers