Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Teasing

I was always told that teasing wasn't nice, but somehow my older brother missed that lesson, because he always teased me. In fact, he and my cousin flat out tormented me. I guess I can honestly say my childhood was bitter sweet.

Now I have to go against all that I was taught and do a little teasing of mine own. So hold on to your seats for the lashing of your life. Oops! what's that? Have I taken this out of context? Okay let me start again.

I have to write a teaser for the back page of my book. It is a couple of paragraphs about the story and about myself to capture the readers attention to make them want to read the book. How many times have you gone to a book store and read this so-called teaser and left the book right where it was. Too many to count right?

I have to be different enough to catch your eye, however I have to follow a certain format, so that ought to be an interesting task. I mean, anyone can toot their own horn and talk about themselves, but I have talk about myself as a serious writer.

Just like anything, this too can be done. So when you buy your copy of the book, remember to let me know how I did.

1 comment:

tdubya said...

By the very nature of the words, "Older and Brother" it was clear I had a job to do. I take pride in a job well done. Hey, remember when I made you, never mind. Besides, "that which does not kill us..." So, really, no need to thank me.

Micah's Baby Brother

The Family...

The Family...
Why I Write

Followers